Start date: August 2019 / exact date TBD
Mariners Christian School seeks a School Psychologist with the passion to make a difference in the lives of students. Under the direction of school administration, the School Psychologist will work within the educational system to provide psychological services that support TK-8th grade children with mild to moderate emotional, social, behavioral, and academic challenges. Excellent communication skills are vital, as this position will interact with students, parents and educators on a daily basis in order to create a healthy learning environment that focuses on meeting the specific needs of each child.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the psychoeducational process including:
- Assessment and evaluation of all students referred for special education consideration or requiring re-evaluation
- Interpretation and reporting of evaluation
- Development of comprehensive and compliant Individual Learning Plans (ILP) based on identified needs
- Consultation with identified stakeholders
- Implementation and monitoring of individual learning plan
- Provide recommendations for support of students who do not qualify for special educations services
- Oversee schoolwide Response to Intervention process
- Lead professional development/in-service training to school personnel and parents
- Supervise SPED teachers in both elementary and middle school divisions to ensure effectiveness of program implementation
- Collaborate with Special Education personnel, administration, teachers,
- Support academic achievement across all content areas
- Provide individual and group strategic intervention to support ILP goals
- Further develop and expand schoolwide Special Education Program including the systematic procedures for screening, referral, assessment, program planning, placement, implementation, and on-going monitoring aligned to the schoolwide Strategic Vision, Values, and Plan
- Serve as school liaison with outside specialists and/or consultants and develop a network of consultants that aligns to MCS values and needs
- Lead and Attend Student Study Team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by administration
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess valid California Pupil Personnel Credential (or equivalent certification i.e. out of state certification/licensure, National School Psychology Certification, etc)
- 1-5 years experience as school psychologist (school psych, intern, psychologist assistant, etc)
- 1-5 years experience conducting psycho-educational evaluations that serve as basis for SPED referrals
It is and shall be the policy and practice of Mariners Christian School in the hiring of employees that the school will not discriminate on the basis of the applicants’ race, age, genetic information, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin. We do reserve the right to screen applicants on the basis of religious preference.
Each employee of Mariners Christian School must:
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with the moral standards stated in the Mariners Christian School contract and the Declaration of Moral Integrity.
- Be in agreement with and sign the MCS Statement of Faith.
- Have criminal history clearance expressly for MCS. (Fingerprinting to be arranged at hiring.)
Please send the following items to Dianne McVay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Resume
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Brief summary of Christian experience (e.g. testimony, church affiliation, and ministry involvement.)
Note: Expressing interest in this position and submitting requested items does not guarantee an invitation to interview.