Start date: August 2019 (Exact date TBD)
Contract year: 2019-2020
The Instructional Facilitator/Coach will provide coaching, training, and professional development to teachers grade 6-8 in relation to the implementation of the schoolwide standards-based scope and sequence, strategic goals, and instructional vision and direction as determined by the schoolwide strategic plan. The Instructional Facilitator must have knowledge and expertise in effective instructional practices, strong leadership abilities, and can demonstrate effective coaching practices with the ability to use various forms of assessment data to inform instructional decision- making. The Instructional Facilitator must also possess strong ability to implement practices that monitor and review student progress, analyze gathered data, and determine necessary improvements or changes in instruction and assessment to ensure mastery for every child. Additionally, the facilitator must have strong knowledge beyond content to understanding skills, habits, and practices necessary for student learning across all disciplines. Under the direction of the principal, the facilitator will work collaboratively with middle school teachers, to improve, grow, and develop the academic program with the purpose of enhancing student learning and the learning experience.
- Set high expectations of achievement that are ambitious and measurable for all students and implement and support necessary practices to achieve determined success markers
- Establish methods and develop instructional practices applicable across all disciplines
- Provide demonstration lessons, coaching and professional development to individuals and groups to ensure successful implementation of school initiatives
- Lead PLCs team to: identify instructional and individual goals, monitor progress of achieving the goals, and evaluate and analyze the effectiveness of goals on student achievement
- Identify learning goals and objectives including essential learnings and employ the use of backwards with teachers to align all lessons, activities, and assessments
- design instruction that is enriched (Developing higher-order thinking skills) and personalized (reflecting learning levels and interests of individual students) and focused on habits and practices of the disciplines
- Assist teachers in the continual implementation of data driven instruction including development of effective assessments that provide authentic and valid data that informs instruction then lead teachers in developing action plans to use data to inform instruction
- Support the annual curriculum review cycle and instructional scope and sequence review cycle
- Support Accreditation process in partnership with administration and other leadership
- Prioritize time in a manner that provides coaching to all teachers in and out of the classroom
- Lead professional development
- Work closely with and align to the direction provided by middle school principal
- Develop strong rapport and relationship with teachers to effectively coach
- Solicit and eagerly receive feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills
- Maintain current knowledge of educational research, materials and strategies by attending meetings, trainings, and conferences pertaining to effective instruction and coaching
Background and Characteristics:
Experience and Skills
- Prior evidence of high-progress student outcomes in the relevant subjects, evidence of superior prior academic achievements, and organizing and influence skills indicating very high potential to perform at this level
- Strong organizational, communication, and written skills
- Ability to work across all content areas and middle school grade levels.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment and work closely with teachers and administrators
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Commitment to learning, innovative teaching practice, and professional development
- Commitment to MCS core values including Exemplary Academics, Spiritual Formation, Whole Child Development, and Connected Community
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Valid Teaching credential
- Teaching experience
- Experience in instructional coaching and leading professional development
It is and shall be the policy and practice of Mariners Christian School in the hiring of employees that the school will not discriminate on the basis of the applicants’ race, age, genetic information, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin. We do reserve the right to screen applicants on the basis of religious preference.
Each employee of Mariners Christian School must:
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with the moral standards stated in the Mariners Christian School contract and the Declaration of Moral Integrity.
- Be in agreement with and sign the MCS Statement of Faith.
- Have criminal history clearance expressly for MCS. (Fingerprinting to be arranged at hiring.)
Please send the following items to Dianne McVay at email@example.com
- Current Resume
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Brief summary of Christian experience (e.g. testimony, church affiliation, ministry involvement, personal statement of faith)
Note: Expressing interest in this position and submitting requested items does not guarantee an invitation to interview.