Elementary School Teaching Position(s) for 2019/2020 School Year
Start date: Exact date TBD in August 2019
Contract year: Traditional
Position Summary: Mariners Christian School seeks highly qualified, full time teachers in both lower and upper elementary. Teaching positions report directly to the Elementary School Principal and are seen as a vital role in maintaining a positive, healthy, learning and teaching environment in which students can flourish. Teachers who have fidelity towards balanced literacy and the teaching the Units of Study Reading and Writing are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Implement standards-based instruction with exceptional expertise and effectiveness
- Engage and support all students in learning
- Create and maintain an effective environment for student learning
- Understand and organize subject matter to lead students to content mastery
- Plan instruction and design learning experiences to meet the needs of all learners
- Assess student learning and using data to inform instruction
- Set high expectations of achievement for students that are attainable and measurable
- Fully and effectively implement the use of educational technology through instruction, learning activities, and assessments
- Maintain current knowledge of educational research, materials, and strategies
- Collaborate with colleagues and administrators as an active, positive contributor and member of the Professional Learning Community
- Fulfill all job duties and responsibilities as assigned by administration
Additional Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Possess a positive attitude, flexible approach, and teachable spirit
- Demonstrate an understanding of biblical worldview integration in the content area
- Commitment to life-long learning, innovative teaching practice, and professional development
- Commitment to MCS core values including Exemplary Academics, Spiritual Formation, Whole Child Development, and Connected Community
- Attend all school related events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current teaching credential
- Teaching experience is strongly preferred
It is and shall be the policy and practice of Mariners Christian School in the hiring of employees that the school will not discriminate on the basis of the applicants’ race, age, genetic information, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin. We do reserve the right to screen applicants on the basis of religious preference.
Each employee of Mariners Christian School must:
- Acceptance of Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and evidence of a personal relationship with Him
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with the moral standards stated in the Mariners Christian School contract and the Declaration of Moral Integrity.
- Be in agreement with and sign the MCS Statement of Faith.
- Have criminal history clearance expressly for MCS. (Fingerprinting to be arranged at hiring.)
Please send the following items to Dianne McVay at email@example.com
- Current Resume
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Brief summary of Christian experience (e.g. testimony, church affiliation, and ministry involvement.)
Note: Expressing interest in this position and submitting requested items does not guarantee an invitation to interview.