Start date for training: Immediate upon completion of hiring procedures / Note: Training would be part time
Start date / Full Time: On or about August 1, 2019 (Exact date TBD)
The Digital Marketing Communications Specialist will serve as the lead for digital marketing related functions, while supplementing traditional marketing strategies and tactics. The role will report directly to the Senior Director Advancement and work in conjunction with the directors of Admissions, Development, Community Events and Outreach.
The Digital Marketing Communications Specialist facilitates the planning, execution, delivery, and optimization of digital marketing program using proven channel strategies, best practices, tools and preferred resources. The Digital Marketing Specialist is an integral member of the Advancement team and helps to chart the digital strategy of the organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, as well as ensuring Mariners Christian School’s effective operation.
- Champion MCS’ digital communication channels to strategically disseminate information regarding student activities and campus wide events; website, email marketing, graphic design for posters, banners, invitations that support all Advancement programs and community school events.
- Hands-on management and ownership of the school’s website, including content development and scheduling (including microsites and landing pages), site extension updates done with outside programmer, and deployment of SEO/SEM strategy
- Master Calendar management and updating on Blackbaud for Parents and Students and Internal for Operations Staff/Campus Coordination
- Assistance with Events and Digital Management of Auction/Event Software program
- Responsible for digital communications campaign production, collaborating with necessary internal departments and external partners on content development – for events, campaigns and school activities, as directed
- Technical management of a diverse set of digital marketing suites and CRM platforms (Blackbaud Online express, Blackbaud Core products for communications, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Technical management of email marketing programs and email development, working closely with Advancement team to ensure campaign performance and consistency
- Own campaign reporting and optimization/testing recommendations
- Translate customer behavior into campaigns that influence further engagement, grow website traffic, and increase conversions through tracking of campaign metrics, such as open rates, click through to conversion and ROI to A/B test and develop a repeatable system for fundraising to specific lists/targets.
- Oversight and development of social media postings in conjunction with Admissions, Spiritual Development, Student Affairs, ASB, PTF, Fundraising, PR, Alumni relations
- Work with marketing team in designing and delivering effective individual digital marketing programs, tied to specific marketing and business goals
- Assist with the analytics, analysis, packaging and communication of completed programs.
- Explore new digital marketing programs, in the short- and long-term, to maximize strategic business and marketing goals
- Cultivate/write/collaborate to produce and deliver content for use in email communications, websites, newsletters, blogs, presentations, special programs and other communications as requested
Experience & Attributes
- Ability to convey complex information simply and clearly to school leaders
- Capability to identify, join and analyze data from different sources and return actionable reports
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven collaborator as well as self-starter with initiative
- Results-driven, highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex marketing tools and platforms
- A positive mental attitude and passion for self-improvement
- Strong analytics, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of systems and the integrations between infrastructure technologies (i.e. servers, operating systems, networks, firewalls, security) and applications or information
- Mobile platforms and development practices including responsive web / device aware design
Proficiency & Best Practices
- Excellent writing skills
- Stay informed of latest trends in web and graphic design
- Understanding of UX/UI best practices
- Web/Print Design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge and working proficiency in CMS systems
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends
- Segment lists based on behaviors, age, relationships, like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into donors
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes and promotions that succeed through email
- Knowledge and best practices of CAN-SPAM Act and COPPA compliance
- Experience in email marketing tools a plus
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create content calendar and schedule
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Identify online reputation and coordinate actions
- Proficiency in social tools/channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Hootsuite, etc…
- Create or repurpose content for website or social into blog, create high-quality content around all events and programs
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines
- PPC Tools: Google AdWords for Non Profits
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of experience executing effective digital marketing communications
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours to support initiatives and meet deadlines
- Proactively stay informed of marketing technology best practices, strategies, and industry standards including topics related to usability, design, information architecture, analytics, social media, email marketing, and digital customer touch points
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010, Google Apps (Smartsheet a plus)
- Familiarity/proficiency CRM and Marketing Automation Platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Hubspot, Constant Contact, MailChimp)
It is and shall be the policy and practice of Mariners Christian School in the hiring of employees that the school will not discriminate on the basis of the applicants’ race, age, genetic information, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin. We do reserve the right to screen applicants on the basis of religious preference.
Each employee of Mariners Christian School must:
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with the moral standards stated in the Mariners Christian School contract and the Declaration of Moral Integrity.
- Be in agreement with and sign the MCS Statement of Faith.
- Have criminal history clearance expressly for MCS. (Fingerprinting to be arranged at hiring.)
Please send the following items to Dianne McVay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Resume
- 3 Examples of authored content/writing (does not need to be published)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Brief summary of Christian experience (e.g. testimony, church affiliation, ministry involvement, personal statement of faith)
Note: Expressing interest in this position and submitting requested items does not guarantee an invitation to interview.