Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Applicants
We utilize the Chancy and Bruce Developmental Assessment to help partner with parents regarding their child’s readiness for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten. Many local preschools also utilize this screening as part of their late winter program. If your preschool offers the assessment, you are welcome to have your child screened at their preschool. When you complete the forms at the preschool, please indicate you would like a copy of the results sent to Mariners Christian School.
For your convenience, we will also offer three screening dates here at Mariners Christian School. If you wish to schedule your child for one of these dates or have any questions regarding the screening itself, please contact Chancy & Bruce directly at 714.841.1257 or email@example.com. Please download the permission form here and complete it prior to your appointment.
Screenings at MCS are scheduled every half hour from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on the following days:
- Thursday, January 23, 2020: Chancy and Bruce Screening
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020: Chancy and Bruce Screening
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020: Chancy and Bruce Screening
Additionally, we welcome you to attend a workshop here at MCS regarding your child’s results. The workshop is at 9:00 am on Tuesday, March 10, 2020. Childcare for preschool age children will be provided. Infants are welcome to remain with parents.
Elementary and Middle School Applicants
Students applying to 1st-8th grades will take an academic assessment with our MCS Teachers. Students are tested in the areas of reading, writing, and math.
Once you have submitted your online application, please contact Ashlee Cowell in Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a testing spot for your child. Assessments on the following dates and times are included in the cost of your application. If your child cannot attend one of these dates, we will schedule a separate time at a cost of $75 per child.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020: Grades 1-5 begin at 1:00 pm Grades 6-8 begin at 2:00 pm
- Thursday, February 27, 2020: Grades 1-5 begin at 1:00 pm Grades 6-8 begin at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020: Grades 1-5 begin at 1:00 pm Grades 6-8 begin at 2:00 pm
- Thursday, April 16, 2020: Grades 1-5 begin at 1:00 pm Grades 6-8 begin at 2:00 pm