To Our Beloved Brothers & Sisters in Christ of Mariners Christian School:
I thank my God every time I think of you… Philippians 1:3
The Apostle Paul’s feeling of gratitude about the Church in Philippi mirrors exactly Crean Lutheran High School’s admiration and respect for Mariners Christian School. As we celebrate our 10th anniversary this year, we can’t help but remember and give thanks for the many blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us over the past ten years, and one of the greatest of these is the relationship Crean Lutheran enjoys with Mariners Christian.
The students and families of Mariners Christian school have historically been among the most dynamic that we welcome each year. The level of Christian discipleship, educational advancement, and co-curricular opportunity at MCS is well aligned with Crean Lutheran’s mission statement of, “Proclaiming Jesus Christ Through Excellence in Education.”
On behalf of our faculty and staff, please know that we are praying for you this year, and we hope to see you on campus soon!
Executive Director, Operations
Executive Director, Administration
Created and dedicated to serving its mission statement of “Proclaiming Jesus Christ Through Excellence in Education,” Crean Lutheran High School, is a special place that exists to partner with families in training up young people in the instruction of the Lord through excellence in education – and everything else we do. We have a diverse student body of 800 students from all over Orange County who have been attracted to the school for a variety of reasons. In the end, it’s the individual Christian nurture our students and families receive in a comprehensive college-prep environment, with top-tier arts programs, athletics, activities, etc. that makes Crean Lutheran feel like home. Come join the Crean Lutheran Family!
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
Thank you for your interest in Crean Lutheran High School! The faculty and staff here at CLHS are excited to get to know you and your family. Please join us for an Open House, which includes an opening plenary session followed by a series of rotations, affording you the opportunity to speak with faculty, staff, and students. Faculty representatives will be available to answer your questions and provide information pertaining to the various offerings of their department (ie. academic, athletic, visual, and performing arts). Student ambassadors will also be on-campus to share, first-hand, their experiences as a Crean Lutheran Saint. We invite both parents and students to attend.
We hope to see you on our campus where we are proudly Proclaiming Jesus Christ through Excellence in Education.
Please RSVP below or click here.
Open House Schedule:
All open houses are 6:30-8:00pm
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Tuesday November 15, 2016
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Thursday, March 23, 2017
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4
Shadow Day Program
Come shadow a Crean Lutheran Saint for the day!
Students in grades 8th – 11th who are interested in finding out more about Crean Lutheran High School are invited to experience a day in the life of a Crean Lutheran Saint. The visiting students attend classes, participate in a chapel service, and enjoy lunch with one of our student Ambassadors. Shadowing a Crean Lutheran student for the day provides prospective students the opportunity to experience the campus and culture at CLHS first hand. It is our hope and prayer that each student feels welcome and gains a better sense of what it’s like to be a Crean Lutheran Saint.
If you would like to participate in a shadow day at Crean Lutheran, please complete the following steps:
1. Click here to fill out registration form.
2. Request a desired date on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday from September 21, 2016 through May 26, 2017.
3. You will be notified once your date is approved by the Admissions office.
4. Please arrive at 7:45am on Wednesdays and Thursdays, or 8:30am on Fridays for your Shadow Day appointment. Come to the front reception desk to be connected with a Saints Ambassador. Visiting students will be provided with a complimentary lunch from our Saint’s Cafe.
5. Parents, please plan to pick up your student at 1:15pm at the front reception desk.
We hope you have a fantastic experience at Crean Lutheran High School. If you have additional questions, please contact MJ Werner at (949)387-1199 x2403 or by email at email@example.com
“The Crean Way”
Thus far the Lord has brought us. 1 Samuel 7:12
Why is the school named “Crean Lutheran High School”?
The first response we all say is that CREAN is an acrostic standing for C-hrist R-edeems E-ducates A-nd N-urtures! That is our passion, purpose and pursuit! However, the longer and more historical answer would best be expressed by quoting a press release at the naming of the school.
What is “The Crean Way”
Reflecting, and inviting our students and others to join John & Donna Crean’s commitments to 1-Christ, 2-God’s Word, 3-the practice of tithing-which included a gift of $10 million to our school, 4-Christian education, and 5-being a change(d)-agent through Jesus.
Crean Lutheran is academically excellent and distinctively Christ-centered:
- The highest quality Christ-centered education in an environment which nurtures faith and thankfully celebrates God’s redemptive love and grace — in a proven program of Lutheran education — the largest protestant Christian school system in the nation
- A loving, caring, and safe environment
- A full academic curriculum, including AP courses, early college courses, electives, Bible, and weekly chapel, enriched by on-line offerings
- Princeton Review College Entrance Exam Preparation
- A competitive sports program with extracurricular opportunities to develop God-given skills and abilities
- Small classes with credentialed, Christian, and caring teachers who are “Called Ministers of the Gospel”
- State of the art campus, laptops for all students, athletic fields, and spacious classrooms
- College counseling, college-prep courses, and an online curriculum Intentional integration of Christian worldview with practical discipleship to impact culture
Crean Lutheran is WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) Accredited and has Exemplary Status Accreditation status with the NLSA (National Lutheran Schools Accreditation) – a distinction setting apart 9 of over 1,000 Lutheran schools nationwide.
Want to learn more about Crean Lutheran programs?