Accredited by both Association of Christian Schools International and Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Mariners Christian School has grown from a pioneering school of 44 students in 1987 into a thriving student body of nearly 660. In March of 1995, we moved from the original school facilities located on the grounds of Mariners Church to our new campus at 300 Fischer Avenue in Costa Mesa, which was accomplished through significant fundraising efforts and dedicated parental involvement.
In October of 2007, Mariners Christian School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School, the highest honor given by the United States Department of Education and an indicator of outstanding school achievement amongst peer schools. MCS qualified for this award because our students score in the top 10% of schools nationwide and for our provision of a climate for strong student performance in all areas.
Mariners Christian School’s 6.3 acre campus houses an 83,000-square-foot facility with 36 state-of-the-art classrooms featuring the following:
- Fully-equipped elementary and middle school science laboratories
- Technology Center with elementary and middle school computer labs plus 3 mobile i-Book laptop systems
- Modern library with over 14,000 books and resources
- Foreign language classrooms in elementary and middle school
- Athletic Center with grass fields, blacktop courts, locker rooms, and gymnasium equipped for basketball and volleyball
- Performing Arts Center with separate classrooms for music, band, fine arts and tech arts
- Expansive playground areas with new playground equipment and covered lunch tables
Students at Mariners Christian School love coming to school. Parents know that the unparalleled preparation their children receives gives them the firm foundation through Christ-centered education needed to excel in high school, college, and life. As a result, our student re-enrollment rate remains steady at 97% each year.